Trading Places: Oh Happy Day!!! (April 30th, 2009)

Ladies and Gentlemen, Allergy season has arrived…  If any of you have mold allergies like I do, you probably noticed the air feeling a little thicker.  I woke up with a swollen face, black eyes, and clogged ears.  All of this didn’t damper me; I woke up not too sore, in fact, I was feeling pretty good; it was going to be a great day! 

Breakfast: No problem.  I trained my 9am, and then I headed to the elliptical at 10 to do my cardio.  How soon I forget about cardio and allergies; they just don’t go hand in hand.  For those who are lucky enough to not have allergy problems, I will give you an analogy.  Trying to breathe this time of year is like trying to breathe through a coffee filter.  Very little air appears to get to the lungs.  Now imagine this at a faster pace.  That would be me trying to suck in every ounce of oxygen possible while doing cardio.  I’m supposed to get my heart rate up to 151-156 for 30 minutes.  Today, I couldn’t get it up to 147.  My heart was doing fine; it was my lungs that were ready to throw the white flag and surrender.  My legs weren’t thrilled either by any means, but they cooperated.  I felt bad about not being able to get my heart rate up, so after my 30 minutes on the elliptical, I casually walked on the treadmill for 15 minutes. 

I’ve sure noticed my appetite growing.  I’m always hungry.  And I can inhale food like it’s going through a straw.  It’s my own little magic trick… Now ya see it, and now ya don’t!  I’ve been on the move all day, but it was this evening that the clouds parted and a ray of light came down on me when I heard four wonderful words come out of Pirtle’s mouth: “You can have spaghetti.”   WHAT?  Were my ears so clogged that I was hearing things?  Oh no, it was true… Pirtle told me I could have my 4oz of meat with whole wheat pasta and pasta sauce…  WELL YOU KNOW ME, I ALWAYS listen to my authorities so I flew down to Dierbergs and picked up some ground beef (extra lean).  I measured and weighed everything out just to be extra careful.  Oh how lovely it tasted… This is one meal I didn’t hoover down.  I took my precious time.  IN FACT, I couldn’t even eat all of it, I was full! I think I shall end on that good note for the night.  It’s been a pretty long week, and after I train at 10am tomorrow, I meet with Matt at 11 to workout.  I’m sure this good mood thing will carry over to our session.  It may even freak him out to see a big smile on my face.  Ah well, it’ll be good to mess with his head a little bit… After all, he did beat me with a weighted bar yesterday. J

Until Tomorrow,