Trading Places: It's Monday.. And I'm not cranky??? (May 11th, 2009)

Hello Monday, we meet again…

Ok, first, the weekend recap:  Saturday was BEAUTIFUL!!! I went down to the Karen 4 a Kause 5k run/walk in old St. Charles to cheer on our clients and trainers who were taking part in the run (me and distance running don’t mix well… I’m a sprinter…).  I did do my part and cheered everyone on and took pictures of all of Emerge’s participants.  I was so proud of everyone!  After the race I did head back to Emerge to do my 45 minutes of cardio.  Between seeing everyone run that morning and my cardio, I was full of energy ALL day Saturday… I couldn’t sit down!  I was here and there and up and down and couldn’t pause for more than a minute.  I was a little freaked out by it to be quite honest.  But I felt great!  I must admit, I did finish off the leftover pizza for lunch (1/4 of a pizza) but the rest of my diet went nearly perfect for the rest of the day.  Around 8pm, I finally sat down and then the hamstring cramping started to creep up on me.  It had to be the kettlebell workout on Friday that did it. 

Sunday, I was up at 5:45 am to meet my parents at 7am.  BRIGHT and EARLY… It wasn’t that hard to be up and moving at that time.  Having the sun up sure helps tremendously!  I met my parents out at Wentzville to do our traditional “Mother’s Day Trip to the flea market.”  It’s a great place to buy plants, produce, etc.  Anyways, it’s in a park that’s quite “hilly”.  The hamstrings just looooooved that!  We were there for nearly 5 hours then we went to lunch.  Lunch KILLED me.  My dad had mouth surgery last week and he’s been restricted to soft foods only which made picking a restaurant kind of hard.  My mom finally picked a buffet because he could find plenty of stuff there and she could get a big salad.  As we were eating my mom noticed that most people in the restaurant were overweight if not severely obese… That’s when she looked at me and said “Kim, I’m glad you didn’t become a teacher… If you hadn’t become a trainer, your dad and I would be well over 300lbs… You wouldn’t be on our case all the time about what we eat…”  That made my day…  However, after hearing that, my lunch didn’t go as well as it should have…Here was my plan… I’d do a salad, then a plate of food, small portions of course.  Then if I was hungry still, I’d get another salad; which was fine (minus the hot rolls that I ate).  Then what killed me was a small piece of cheesecake with strawberry topping… It was nowhere near Cheesecake Factory size (maybe ¼ of the size, max) nor was it as potent tasting either.  I was stuffed though.  I’m not sure if it was the food that made me feel bad or the guilt of WHAT and HOW MUCH I ate.  To try to even things out, I did shrink my meals for the rest of the day; A glass of milk for a late snack and a tablespoon of peanut butter for dinner. 

MONDAY is going so much better… I woke up on my own around 7am, so I got up and did a few chores before work at 9.  This “having more energy” thing is pretty cool… Since I have 5 clients out of town this week, I have quite a bit of free time.  So, after my 9am, I got in my cardio.  I did my interval sprints for about 15 minutes total, ran at a much slower pace for a bit, then I hit the elliptical for 20 minutes.  I felt really good, even after all of that!  Maybe it was the pizza over the weekend that gave me the energy (or sanity) boost.  Ya know on the video game, Mario Brothers, where they eat a mushroom and they get bigger or have powers?  MAYBE the pizza did that for me???  Ok, maybe not, but either way, I feel fantastic today!  I did finalize my plans for Kansas City, which I’m very excited for, so that too may be why I’m all energetic and REALLY motivated to do really well this week.  OH YEAH, by the way, here’s another thing… It’s Monday, and I’m NOT cranky… HMMMMMM……

I also took Matt and Angie’s bootcamp tonight (I highly recommend this for anyone!).  I won’t lie; I was a little hesitant at first, because the first one I ever took had me crawling out of there (back in January).  I felt pretty darn good during all of it.  I, miss “have no balance WHATSOEVER” even got up to kneel on a ball… Yup, I did it.  In fact, I didn’t want to get down fearing that it was just a one-time deal and I wouldn’t be able to get back up.  It helped having a room full of girls in there working out next to me.  From what I could see (I was a little preoccupied working out myself) all of the girls at the camp were doing fantastic!  It was great because seeing them work their butts off made me just want to work even harder (competitive trainer trait).  Even after the workout I had a lot of energy.  Zoom zoom  zoom…  I think my body is FINALLY ready to give in and cooperate.  I had a fantastic day of cardio and workouts.  And I’m still going… It’s nearly 9pm and I’m still on a roll… I’m just waiting to finish dinner, sit down to go thru my mail, and then hit the wall and crash for the night… And I’m ok with that; as long as I don’t wake up in the middle of the night screaming with muscle cramps.  I’ll keep ya posted J


Until Tomorrow,
Kimberly, Emerge Fitness