Trading Places: I'm not a morning person (Monday, July 27th, 2009)

Weekend Recap: Brace yourselves, it’s a doozy.

Thursday: I get a text message from Pirtle that evening asking if I could do a big favor for him.  He asked if I could train at 7am Friday morning this one time.  Now, I’m not a morning person, I don’t even talk to anyone at 7am.  I’m even crabby into the 8am hour a lot of times.  There’s no way I will have any strength or energy at 7am, so what do I do, I tell him ok… Well, actually, I said that it’s almost a given that I will probably puke.

Friday: Of all nights I can’t sleep, it’s the night before I have to get up at 6am… Rediculous… There’s still fog outside!!! So I walk into the gym I think at 7:01am… I walk in and Pirtle is all “chipper” and what not, and he said “Good morning” as I just gave him a “you owe me BIG” look and walked into the office.  Matt did admit he didn’t know if I’d show.  I may kick and scream but I will always show up.  My pet peeve is a no show by a client, so that is the last thing I’d ever do to a trainer.  To be honest, I only remember one exercise during the entire session.  Power cleans.  I had never felt so wimpy in my life.  At 7am, everything feels about 10 times heavier than it is.  I do remember not saying much and Pirtle kept asking me if I was feeling ok… It’s 7am on a Friday and you are kicking the crap outta me, HOW DO YOU THINK I FEEL…  I was too tired to even be sarcastic.  At this point I just looked at the clock and prayed for it to speed up… I had never wanted out of a session more in my life.  Then lucky me, I got to train a client at 8am… All I wanted to do was sleep.  I came back that afternoon and got in my cardio (No really, I did… Ask Adam, he saw me!)  My diet was fine Friday. I wrote down everything I ate.

Saturday: The Good news, I slept in… The bad news, I don’t remember still what all we did in our session but my legs, my upper back and my arms are FREAKING KILLING ME.  Holy crap I didn’t want to move.  I did move, in fact after I had breakfast and got a few household tasks done, I went up to the gym and got in my 30 minutes of cardio.  The weather Saturday was amazing.  The only thing that kept me indoors that day was the Cardinals game.  I had really wanted Red Robin for dinner. (Here’s a secret, they have a plan burger called “the Natural Burger” where everything comes on the side… It isn’t on the menu but every place has it).  Anyhoo, I told myself that if I got outside and was active for 30-45 minutes, I could get a burger.  So I went down to Katy Trail and I walked-ran for about 50 minutes.  It wasn’t too crowded and the weather was AMAZING.  So after my 2nd cardio for the day, I got in my car and picked up my burger and it was SOOOO stinkin good!  I didn’t even finish the fries that came with it!

Sunday: The weather continued to be gorgeous, so I took full advantage and instead of taking my day off of “working out” I got my bike and headed down to Katy Trail.  It was the first time I had ever biked there.  It was my first time in a year that I had ridden my bike. The bad thing about riding a bike is that you feel great until all of a sudden you feel your legs start burning and you get pretty exhausted; then you realize you have to turn around and ride your bike alllllll the way back.  My bike ride was plenty long enough at 40 minutes for my first ride in a long time.  It felt great… Until 2am when I had the worst hamstring and calf cramps.  Diet was so-so today.  Oh Doozles, you will be my downfall in the summertime.

Monday: My legs felt as if they weighed a ton.  I was TIRED today!  I wanted to get in cardio today, but frankly, I was pretty busy with the “paper work” side of work.  Besides, I knew I was going to bootcamp tonight, so I figured that would take care of it.  I wasn’t too worried about my legs because even though they were worthless, we normally don’t do much with them in bootcamp; it’s mainly “core specific”.  WELL GUESS WHAT.  I get to bootcamp and tonight wasn’t core specific at all… Legs were nearly in EVERYTHING.  Oh it gets better; instead of our 45-50 second stations we were there for a MINUTE.  You may say “It’s 10 seconds difference Kim, it can’t be that big of a deal…” Don’t knock it till you do it bucko.  My poor legs were SHOT after round one… I still can’t feel anything below my knees.  So I’m home, Stuck in the chair, and if I can fix myself dinner and get myself into the shower, it will be a successful evening… I just hope I can walk tomorrow because I really look stupid when I’m wobbling around.


Until tomorrow,
Kimberly at Emerge Fitness


*Don’t forget! Every Wednesday I post healthy recipes, so feel free to e-mail me your favorite ones!