Have you signed up for the 10k A Day Challenge?
Here are some FAQ we have received. If you have any further questions, comment below or email me at Kimberly@EmergeTraining.com
1. Q. Is the 10k a day 10km?
A. No, the 10k is 10,000 steps a day.
2. Q. How can I track my steps?
A. There are several ways.
1, you can use a basic pedometer that clips on your pants.
However, be sure to remind yourself to wear it every day!
2, you can purchase and wear a fitness tracking device (FitBit,
Polar Loop, JawBone, Garmin, etc) All of these devices sync
to your smart phones. Some even send weekly reports that
can be emailed to me.
3. You can download several different free pedometer apps on
your phone that will track your steps. Again, make sure you
have your phone on you at ALL times if you use this
3. Q: How can I send you my numbers?
A: 1. Take a picture the number on your tracking device. You can
either report them at the front desk of Emerge or email them
to me at Kimberly@EmergeTraining.com
2. Email me your weekly progress (FitBit has this feature) and I
will average out the weekly steps.
4. Q: Do we have to report our numbers every day?
A: No, you can send/report them daily or weekly. We just ask that
you don’t wait until the last week to submit for the entire month.
5. Q: I ride my bike, spin, etc. do those steps count?
A: Unless your pedometer picks up the steps, No.
6. Q: What if I don’t hit 10,000 steps every day?
A: The steps can rollover. You just have to hit 280,000 steps by
Feb. 28th. If you hit 8,000 one day, aim for 12,000 the next.
7. Q: Can we use the treadmills at Emerge to get our steps in?
A: We only have 4 treadmills and they are reserved for our clients
who are scheduled. If you have an appointment, you are more
than welcome to use the treadmills before/after your session.